Jump to navigation Jump to search
How to subscribe to a Collection
- Login to SUNScholar at http://scholar.sun.ac.za.
- Go to Update Profile >> Subscriptions.
- Select the collections (Select Collection) from the list you want to subscribe to, and Add each time. You can subscribe to as many as you want.
- Remember to update your profile at the bottom of the screen after subscribing to the Collections.
- You will be notified via e-mail every time a new item is published in the Collections you have subscribed to.
- To unsubscribe from a Collection, select the collection and click on Remove Selected.
How to get automatic RSS feeds
Feeds are enabled per Collection. Look for the following icon to appear somewhere in your web browser toolbar or address bar.
For Internet Explorer
- If the feed button in Internet Explorer lights up, it means that the site offers RSS feeds.
- Click the icon to see the feed and, if you want, subscribe to have the feed automatically sent to your computer.
- When you click the subscribe button, the feed is automatically added to the Favorites Center and to the Common Feed List for sharing with other programs.
For Mozilla Firefox
Look for the RSS icon to appear somewhere in your web browser toolbars.
For Google Chrome
- Install the official Google RSS feed extension from the Google Chrome extensions website.
- Look for the RSS icon to appear somewhere in your web browser toolbars.