Jump to navigation Jump to search
Step 5. Install the Tomcat Java server
- *** This procedure is completely different from the official DSpace documentation, in that it applies best system admin practice for Unix based systems ***
- This procedure does NOT require "mod_jk", "jsvc" or Apache2 port re-direction with firewall rules or the Apache2 server installation itself, in fact.
- This procedure enables Tomcat security, please check carefully that it is enabled correctly!
- If you want to do URL rewrites as you did with Apache2, then try: http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite to do the same with Tomcat.
- If you want to enable Shibboleth with Java only, try: http://shibboleth.net/products/opensaml-java.html.