This wiki page attempts to provide a simple quick check list, to use when considering the possible deployment of a repository system.
This quick check list is open systems based and does not only introduce the repository software but also the system, including preparedness for disaster recovery and long term repository preservation.
The ultimate goal is to provide a high performance trusted system, that is sustainable in the long term, using open published standards and software.
- NISO - Framework for Good Digital Collections
- CCSDS - Open Archival Information System (OAIS)
- CCSDS - Audit and Certification of Trusted Digital Repositories
- OCLC - RLG - Trusted Digital Repositories
Policies and Plans
- Open Access Policy (OAP)
- Repository Preservation Plan (RPP)
- Research Data Management Plan (RDMP)
- What is grey literature?
- Digital Object - Identifier
- Digital Object - Preservation
- Digital Object - Open Formats
- Digital Object - Closed Formats
- List of repository software
- Open Source Server Operating System
- Open Source Web Application Repository Software