Jump to navigation Jump to search
Policy and infrastructure to support high impact data (max. 35)
- Cameron Neylon
- UCT Research Office Seminar Room, University of Cape Town, 2 Rhodes Avenue, Mowbray, Cape Town (Google Maps)
- 12h00 - 17h00 (Light lunch to be served at 12h00)
- About this workshop
The purpose of this workshop is to identify and critique policy and infrastructure that would support researchers in southern Africa in ensuring that the data they generate has maximum impact. The expected outcomes are:
- To create an understanding of how making data more available can increase the impact of published research and what the barriers to realizing this impact are.
- To identify policy and infrastructure requirements for southern African research institutions.
- To create an understanding of how the policy framework for data requirements in scholarly publication in southern Africa differs from that for the global north.