Towards repository interoperability : unleashing the true value of Open Access for Open Science (max. 60)
- Eloy Rodrigues and Abby Clobridge
- Wallenberg Research Centre, Stellenbosch Institute for Advanced Study (STIAS), 10 Marais Street, Stellenbosch (Google Maps)
- 08h30 - 13h00
- About this workshop
Interoperability is the technical “glue” that makes possible the emerging open science infrastructure – an infrastructure that connects a global, decentralized network of repositories and other tools.
While technology exists to make possible this integration, the landscape around interoperability is murky, complex, and continually evolving.
This workshop is designed to help participants make sense of interoperability.
Based on the Confederation of Open Access Repositories (COAR) briefing paper “The Case for Repository Interoperability for Open Access Repositories” and “The COAR Open Access Repository Interoperability Roadmap” we will cover interoperability standards and protocols in connection with current and emerging services that interoperability initiatives make possible.
- Examples of services that will be covered include
- Usage statistics
- Ingest processes
- Web standards compliance
- Maximizing web visibility
- Support for international and regional networks
- Integrating repositories into research administration workflows