- Step 2 - Friendly Persistent URL and Preservable Digital Objects
- Decide on a friendly persistent (URL) for the repository.
- This name should be short and simple to remember, easy to type into documentation and good for marketing/branding.
- Ensure the name will never change and that it has a clean URL with no forward slash redirect.
- Ensure you only deposit preservable digital objects into the repository.
The friendly persistent URL is vital for electronic citation persistence on the web in the long term and for repository marketing/branding.
Preservable digital objects are vital for access by future researchers