- Each backup server is in a different building.
- Each building is separately located on campus.
- Each backup server uses Ubuntu LTS server software.
- Each backup server has BackupPC installed.
- BackupPC is setup to use the "rsyncd" method for pulling in the backups from the production servers.
- Step 1. A local database backup is performed daily on the production server to be backed up.
- Step 2. The local database backup and the /home/dspace folder on the production server are then copied/synced to both backup servers which use BackupPC.