Currently in the academic literature, much is being said about digital curation/preservation, however this distracts from the strategic imperative of preserving the repository itself and the contents of the repository on the internet, in the same way that libraries and the contents of libraries in buildings, are preserved.
There is a very subtle, but very important distinction between digital curation and repository preservation.
Preamble - Essential Reading
Priority 1 - Repository Long Term Support
Priority 2 - Preservable Digital Objects
Priority 3 - Electronic Citation Preservation
- 2014 - COAR - TASK FORCE: LIBRARIAN COMPETENCIES FOR SCHOLARLY COMMUNICATIONS PUBLISHING
- ** Sustainability Capacity Building **
- ** The Self-Hosting Value Proposition **
- Preservation Services
From Denise Nicholson
- Ohio State University Library
- Ohio State University Library (OSUL) Documentation Examples
- Ohio State University Library (OSUL) Links
- Ohio State University Library (OSUL) Contacts
Keep clicking on the images to zoom in, to the maximum extent.