- 1 Introduction
- 2 Formulation
- 3 References and Essential Reading
- 4 The essential elements of a repository preservation plan
- 5 The major issues to consider in the repository preservation plan
- 6 Digital Object Preservation Services
- 7 Contributions
- 8 News
Currently in the academic literature, much is being said about digital curation/preservation, however this distracts from the strategic imperative of preserving the repository itself and the contents of the repository on the internet, in the same way that libraries and the contents of libraries in buildings, are preserved.
There is a very subtle, but very important distinction between digital curation/preservation and holistic repository preservation.
Click on the heading above.
The essential elements of a repository preservation plan
Below are links to pages that detail the essential elements of a repository preservation plan.
Priority 1 - The Self-Hosting Value Proposition
Priority 2 - Sustainability Capacity Building
Priority 3 - Preservable Digital Objects
Priority 4 - Electronic Citation Preservation
The major issues to consider in the repository preservation plan
Below are link to pages detailing the issues to resolve with repository preservation planning.
Issue 1 - Disaster Recovery
Issue 3 - Reference Architecture
Issue 4 - Software Release Cadence
Digital Object Preservation Services
From Denise Nicholson
Ohio State University Library
- Ohio State University Library (OSUL) Documentation Examples
- Ohio State University Library (OSUL) Links
- Ohio State University Library (OSUL) Contacts