- 1 Introduction
- 2 Formulation
- 3 Introduction and Research
- 4 The essential elements of a repository preservation plan
- 5 The major issues to consider in the repository preservation plan
- 6 Internet News
Currently in the academic literature, much is being said about digital curation/preservation, however this distracts from the strategic imperative of preserving the repository itself and the contents of the repository on the internet, in the same way that libraries and the contents of libraries in buildings, are preserved.
There is a very subtle, but very important distinction between digital curation/preservation and holistic repository preservation.
The repository preservation plan assists with the following:
- Long term preservation of digital assets (curation).
- Long term capacity planning for the archive.
- Policy in support of the open access policy.
- Click on the heading above for more details.
The essential elements of a repository preservation plan
Below are links to pages that detail the essential elements of a repository preservation plan.
Priority 1 - The Self-Hosting Value Proposition
Priority 2 - Sustainability Capacity Building
Priority 3 - Preservable Digital Objects
Priority 4 - Electronic Citation Persistence
The major issues to consider in the repository preservation plan
Below are links to pages detailing the issues to resolve with repository preservation planning.