Difference between revisions of "Webinar"
m (→Step 1 - Check requirements)
|Line 13:||Line 13:|
''The latest Microsoft Internet Explorer and Firefox web
''The latest Microsoft Internet Explorer and Firefox web work the .''
# ''the Java Plugin.''<br>http://java.com/en/download/help/firefox_online_install.xml
# ''the Adobe Flash Plugin.''<br>http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
Revision as of 10:10, 18 May 2015
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Step 1 - Check requirements
- 3 Step 2 - Join the "Demo" Webinar Session
- 4 Session Help
- 5 Advanced System Configuration
Please do a test, with a colleague/friend on the internet, before going live - the server is available for testing any time of the day
Step 1 - Check requirements
If you need to, ask your local IT support for help to setup the software and hardware.
- Fast broadband internet connection => 256KiB/s kilo bytes per second. (Not required when connecting on campus)
Test your internet connection speed at: http://www.speedtest.net
- Ensure that your internet connection does not block the ports required by BBB, namely 80 (HTTP), 9123 (Desktop Sharing), and 1935 (RTMP).
If you have strange problems when connecting, ask your local IT support for help to ensure the ports are open to the internet.
The latest Microsoft Internet Explorer and Firefox web browsers work if the following are installed.
- Install the Java Plugin.
- Install the Adobe Flash Plugin.
AUDIO SETUP VIDEO
WEBCAM SETUP VIDEO
Click on the heading above.
Step 2 - Join the "Demo" Webinar Session
Go to the following web address:
- Type in your name. (Your first name is good enough)
- Click JOIN.
- Follow the instructions for audio configuration.
ADVANCED SESSION HELP
- Click here, for advanced session help.
- Normally each session has a presenter, a number of viewers and a moderator who manages the session.
- Users: Refers to all users. You should be able to see the names of all the users once they have logged in.
- Webcam: Real-time image of presenters.
- Chat: Area where you can type questions to the presenters.
- Presentation: This is where the presenters will display and manage their presentation.
Time Zone Conversion
Please check the links below to synchronise times on different continents for meetings.
South Africa is in the following time zone: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_African_Standard_Time or UTC+2:00