Jump to navigation Jump to search
The marketing friendly, (vanity url), persistent URL is vital for electronic citation persistence on the web in the long term and for repository marketing/branding.
- Go to: http://no-www.org
- Decide on a marketing friendly persistent (Vanity URL) for the repository.
- This name should be short and simple to remember, easy to type into documentation and good for marketing/branding.
- Ensure the name will never change and that it has a clean URL with no forward slash redirect. See links below.
- Further Reading
- Good Examples
- Bad Examples
- http://uctscholar.uct.ac.za - Double use of UCT is very confusing for marketing.
- http://researchspace.csir.co.za/dspace - Uses a forward slash URL something, also bad for marketing and internet harvesters.
- http://digitalknowledge.cput.ac.za:8081/jspui - Uses a port number AND forward slash URL something, very bad for internet interoperability.