- View your Print jobs pending for print
- To view your print transactions select the Transactions link; this shows the date, time and total cost of each job.
- To delete your print job/s select the Documents link. Mark the printing job/s you want to delete by clicking on the box to the left of each job, then click on the Delete button near the top right portion of the screen. Select OK when prompted and the job will be deleted instantly.
- Note: You can only delete jobs that are not currently being printed; jobs in the process of being printed cannot be deleted.
- View or Load Print credits
- Click "Sign on" and then enter your student number and password when prompted.
- On the left is a list of different links; to add printing credits select the link Load printing money from student account. Select the amount to load onto your account from the drop-down list and then click the Load button on the right hand side of the screen.
- Note: Due to the problems with the printing systems during peak times requests will no longer be loaded directly. Instead your request will be submitted and loaded in the background and you will receive an e-mail when the request has been completed.
- Outstanding Load Printing Money Requests: Shows the requests you have submitted but are still being loaded or has encountered an error.
- All printing money not used by the end of the academic year will be refunded to your account.
- IMPORTANT PRINTING TIPS
- Save documents which you want to print from WEBSTUDIES on your own sunstorage network space or to your Flashdisk, and Open from Saved location and click the Print option.
- ALWAYS do a Print, Preview (and check for any Page-breaks which can resulted in blank print pages) before you press Print.
- DO NOT send a large PDF document in one batch to the print server, split it up and print in batches.
- Documents can ONLY be deleted from the print server BEFORE you go to an actual printer and swiping your card to affect the print.
How to print
- Select the print function from your application.
- Ensure the proper print options (double-sided or one-sided) are selected for your print job. (The default setting on print server is double-sided).
- Press the "Print" or "OK" button etc to send your print job to the campus print server.
- Wait for a pop-up message that will notify you that your print job has been processed on the server for printing later.
- Go to the nearest library SAFECOM printer and swipe your SU Student Card to print your document.
How to print on ONE side
- Select Print
- Click on Properties (Top left corner of the print box)
- Click Finishing
- Un-check: Print both sides
- Select OK
- Select OK
Printing cost http://www0.sun.ac.za/itservices/usersupport/safecom.htm
<font size=3What is SafeCom?
SafeCom is a central printer server to which print jobs are sent and then printed by swiping your card at any Safecom printer on campus, if you have enough print credits.
;How to apply for a Safecom print account
- Only network registered students and staff members of Stellenbosch University may have a Safecom printing account.
- SU Staff members or visiting academics Safecom printing accounts are normally managed by the departmental secretary you are affiliated with.
- Click on the Stellenbosch University logo at the top left to browse this wiki and find your departments contact details.
- Also see: http://www0.sun.ac.za/itservices/usersupport/safecom.htm