(Redirected from LIS/Student Help/Password)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- *Note: Campus e-registration process : Fees and e-registration process 2020 : New students!
- Change your password
Click on the either of the links below to change your password:
- Important after password change!
- When your passwords were successfully synchronised, please close ALL programs and SIGN OUT on your device. Also switch off your other devices used to access Stellenbosch University systems.
- If you do not sign out and switch off all other devices, your account will be locked by programs (e.g. MS Outlook) still using your old password!
- Please wait for at least 30 seconds for the password to synchronize to all systems before you log on again with your new password.
- Once the new password is working on your primary device, switch on your other devices one at a time and change all stored passwords on the devices.
- Password tips
- Your campus password expires every 90 days as precautionary security measure.
- Normally an email is sent, to remind you to change your password.
- Be very careful of email phishing attempts to get your password.
- Follow the Stellenbosch University's password requirements in order to change your campus user password successfully.
Please find password assistance and help at IT service support.
- Campus Password Account Management
- Stellenbosch University uses single-sign-on (SSO) technology in conjunction with a central authentication service (CAS) to provide access to technology enabled services for staff and students.
- This enables you to use the same username and password to access the many technology enabled resources and services available to you on and off campus.
- The username and password supplied to you is typically called your "Stellenbosch University Campus Username and Password Account" or simply "Campus Account".