This is the help page for: http://conferences.sun.ac.za
Click here, to join the news and help mailing list for SUNConferences.
Also see: http://wiki.lib.sun.ac.za/index.php/PKP
Conference Web using OCS
Submit a request for hosting a conference with SUNConferences
Send the request via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, and provide the following information:
- Appoint a Conference Moderator (Manager), Conference Director, Contact Person
- Provide the name of the conference, as well as the date when it will be held
- Suggest a URL e.g. http://conferences.sun.ac.za/index.php/orssa/
- Provide University/departmental/societal affiliation information
- The SUNScholar Office will arrange for the necessary space to be created on the SU server, a URL will be assigned, and the Conference Moderator (Manager) and Conference Director will be registered. Usernames and passwords will be e-mailed to login to the conference system.
Setting up your conference
This is the role of the Conference Moderator. More than one person can be registered as Conference Moderator.
- Go to the page created for your conference, e.g. http://conferences.sun.ac.za/index.php/orssa/
- Login to the conference web.
- Click on USER HOME in the top navigation bar.
- Under GENERAL MANAGEMENT, click on WEBSITE MANAGEMENT.
Register a domain name
Live streaming of your conference
Listing your conference
- SU Communication: Olivia Leo E-mail: email@example.com
- SU Events
- Conference Alerts
- SA Conference Calendar
- Public Knowledge Project metadata harvester
- Discipline specific mailing lists