SUNScholar/Prepare files for submission
ETD Submission Procedure
Follow steps 2, 3 and 4 of the following procedure. Click on the link to view the procedure.
Filenames used on SUNScholar
- The first vital thing about preservable digital objects is to use the correct file naming procedures.
- The whole filename must be in small caps and have no spaces.
- Spaces must be replaced with dashes (-).
- There cannot be any other formatting characters such as ()#/ etc...
Convert your document or file to an open format first. For documents use PDF formats.
Then use the following file naming convention:
or if saving as a pdf file, which is preferred:
or if saving as an open document standards file, which is more preferred:
Digital Object Formats used on SUNScholar
The next vital thing about preservable digital objects is to use open formats and standards for files of all types. See links below for further details.
- Do any restrictions apply to the file size to be submitted?
- Where can I get help on typing special characters in SUNScholar when submitting an item?